This is a very strong disclaimer about donating to the shul. Although I believe these instructions to be accurate, the methods of payment to be secure, and the receipient in Israel to be legitimate, I take NO responsibility for the accuracy or authenticity of any information below. I am simply relaying information sent to me from the Melitzer Shul in Ashdod. Any donations you make are done at your own risk. Thank you!
*** NOTE: If you wish to make a donation in honor of the memory of a loved one, please fill out this form after payment. ***
The Melitzer Shul only takes donations via international wire transfer to their bank in Israel:
United Mizrahi Tefahot Bank 565 Ashdod City Branch 12 Yerushalaim St. Ashdod 77523 Israel IBAN Code: IL060205650000000158999 SWIFT Code: MIZBILIT Memo/Instructions: For Maalitz Shul - 5784 High Holy Days Appeal Recipient email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
***Note that you MUST put the memo/instructions in the wire to ensure that the funds go to the Melitzer Shul***
If your bank can transfer the funds at reasonable cost, it is best to do it with them. Just give them this information and the wire should go through.
If you live in a country (like the USA) where international wire transfers via your bank are very expensive, there are cheaper ways to do this. My preferred method which I have used many times is via the website Wise.com.
Here is how to use Wise to send funds:
- Create an account on Wise.com.
- If you did not already do so, go to Settings and enable 2-factor authentication.
- Select the currencies and amount you wish to pay in USD or ILS:
- Select “Business or Charity” on next screen.
- Fill in the form with the information shown above.
- Review details of transfer.
- Submit payment via debit or credit card.
- When you’re done, you should get a confirmation page like this: