The new Jewish Synagogue was completed in 1902 after the previous one, built out of wood, burned down in the Great Fire of 1856. It was a magnificent stone building with two tall turrets, stained glass, and original artwork painted by local artist Aba Fenichel.
At the outbreak of World War II, the German Army invaded Mielec and one week later, on Erev Rosh Hashanah, locked Jews inside the synagogue, poured gasoline on it, and lit it on fire. See the Shoah page for more information on this horrific event.
Eventually the synagogue was demolished in 1943.
Currently all that is left of the new Jewish Synagogue of Mielec is a stone memorial near its prior location, and one torah scroll that is part of the Oborski Museum collection.